This is a summary of their views on how the workforce is changing and how we should be delivering enterprise apps. I added some of my comments in the sub bullets.
Overview of the session
- User Defined
- Participation based on user preferences. At SAP we think of this as people centric. Finally we need to build software that is useful and usable.
- Cloud Computing
- Almost all HR software purchase today is Software as a Service
- Consumer Driven
- Don't waste people's time. Make it usable
- Perpetual Beta
- Deliver small increments of innovation
- Focus on collective intelligence rather than transactions.
It should not be a separate system where people discuss topics that do not matter for the business.
System Go Live is not success. Business benefit is the success
SaaS Deployment requires more planning...Not Less
Saas software cannot be changed by an Internal IT team after deployment. So SaaS deployments need better planning and careful implementation compared to OnPremise software. Because there is limited customization possibilities in hosted software, SaaS will keep HR focused on business value compared to OnPremise software says Jason.